Children’s Ministry Mission, Values and Goals
We see the depth and value of investing our time and energy into the lives of children. George Barna, founder of a Christian research group, has stated in his book Transforming Children into Spiritual Champions, that “if you want to shape a person’s life–whether you are most concerned about his or her moral, spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotional or economic development-it is during these crucial eight years (5-12 years old) that lifelong habits, values, beliefs and attitudes are formed”. (p. 18)
- Encounter Children’s Ministry exists to assist the family in building a spiritual foundation that will lead a child to grow in the grace and knowledge of God.
- We value God’s Word and reinforce it in the hearts of children by providing solid Bible teaching at age-appropriate levels
- Each child is a gift from god and we value all children for who they are and who God created them to be.
- We protect the children with an uncompromising safety process so that children can learn in a fun, exciting, safe, loving and nurturing environment.
- We affirm, honor and value others through honest, direct and respectful communication.
- We invest in others through relationships, by praying and encouraging one another.
- We invest in our leaders by providing opportunities for leadership and spiritual growth.
- Show children who Jesus is and help bring them to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Provide a program with a foundation that will lead to spiritual growth and maturity.
- Encourage and support parents as they instruct their children to develop and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Encourage children and their families to share their faith, minister to each other and serve the community.
It is our prayer and that desire that, in God’s timing and with the Holy Spirit’s guidance, all children who attend Encounter Church will: come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ; continue to grow in their relationship with God; and become fully devoted followers of Christ.